The learning processes of new employees at any company are usually related to a set of common challenges: dealing with organizational changes is hard for the learners and engaging them is difficult. Meanwhile, delivering consistent trainings that also adapt to the diverse realities of new employees is a complex matter and it often results in ineffective and costly efforts.
Luckily, already companies are taking advantage of the newest technologies to improve their internal processes. With the proper use of technology, employers can overcome the common problems of training sessions by transforming them into high-emotional valuable experiences, that achieve faster immersions.
That’s where VR enters the scene, because not only is this tool demonstrating direct improvements in the companies’ ROI, but it is also helping to capture tedious topics in an attractive, creative and completely innovative way. But, how exactly is VR improving corporate trainings? Here are some of its main benefits:
1. Learning through experiencing: The most effective way to learn is proved to be through experiences, which increase the quality of the information that the users get and interiorize.
2. Higher retention rate: Because of the near reality experience people get through VR, users can preserve knowledge and increment the levels of retention by 75-90%.
3. Increasing engagement: How often do employees describe the average training sessions as boring or useless? Too often. VR helps them engage better to the content they are receiving because they are entirely immersed in the alternative space.
4. Safer for high-risk situations: Imagine arming employees with hands-on experience instead of just theory that needs to be refined with trial and error in the field. VR allows certain users to simulate situations that they will face later on in their workday, without leaving the company’s premises.
5. Reduce training expenses: Employees can be trained in a more cost-efficient way, by involving fewer workers to facilitate sessions, not having to replace consumable materials for each session and by using virtual resources that cannot be damaged during training exercises.
6. More content in less time: Spend less time training your employees and get better results by introducing technology into their learning process. However, we can’t forget the basics of learning and instructional design is the key to make the most out of the use of a tool such as VR. Technology will only get its users as far as the concept design goes.
So, stop wasting more resources and implement VR training in your company, as you need it. In onboarding sessions, industrial training, work simulations, educational applications, architectural visualizations or even just to display an experience.
In the 12 years that we at Funktionell have been developing technology, we have acquired sufficient experience to say with absolute certainty that has arrived to revolutionize the way in which we learn, by helping trainings step up to the next level. It is not just about using technology for its own purpose, but to think of it as a tool that will help increase your company’s growth as long as the right planning and implementation is provided. That is how we do it at Funktionell. Beyond simply developing technology, we prioritize the conceptualization of ideas, in order to guarantee the quality of our product and how it tackles our client’s problems.